Friday, December 11, 2015

No one knows what they're doing

One of the writers I follow on Twitter is Jesse Spector. He's a baseball writer for The Sporting News and while he obviously takes his job seriously, he doesn't appear to take life (or Twitter, anyway) all that seriously.

So when he posted that there are times he feels like an impostor when he compares himself to the other baseball writers he meets and has as colleagues, I was kind of surprised. I mean, you don't rise to the level of writing for the Sporting News without having immense talent.

But I realized I do the same thing as an adult. I walk around and act like I know what I'm supposed to be doing, but the truth is I've got no idea how to be an adult. I feel like an impostor in the world of adults, hoping no one realizes I'm completely winging it when it comes to life.

On to the stories. 

My run-in with hate speech at a Minnesota Vikings game

A first-hand account of what it feels like to be the victim of hate speech, and the fear that comes when no one stands up to challenge that speech.

The Cubs are a Destination Club

The Cubs are going to be good and I can't wait and I'm really excited and it's going to be fun and can you tell I can't wait for April and it's going to be awesome and I can't wait.

Life After Baseball

A former major league pitcher went from being a top prospect traded for a future hall-of-famer to battling addiction and being out of baseball opens up about his life now as an Uber driver at baseball's winter meetings.


Enjoy your weekend. Hopefully we'll be back Monday with more of the things I've found interesting. 



No comments: