Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Simply Having a Wonderful Chirstmastime

Dear Santa,

I've been a moderately good person this year. I'm sure there was more I could have done in several circumstances, but I also tried to volunteer and be better this year than I was last year.

I don't want a lot for Christmas this year. Continued health and happiness for me and my family, a Cubs World Series appearance (and if you're feeling generous, a win in the World Series) and for more people to embrace Stephen Colbert's "Another Christmas Song" as part of their holiday music should about cover it this year.

Have a safe trip this year.

Luke


Today's Christmas-themed links:

Where to Say Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays

FiveThirtyEight mapped the War on Christmas to find where people prefer Happy Holidays vs. Merry Christmas.

The Forgotten Story of Peter Paul Dolata and the Worst Christmas Ever

The newspaper headline in this story from 1937 was is "Santa Claus drops dead as 100 children await him." This is a tragic story, but also one of some quick thinking by other adults there.

Yes, Virginia, there is a NORAD

The story of how NORAD came to have a Santa tracker (which, more than anything else, is my kid's favorite part of Christmas.)

No comments: