Monday, December 16, 2013

Hopsitals

For the second time in a week, I'm at the hospital.

For the second time in a week, it's not for me.

Fortunately, it doesn't appear to be anything life-threatening for either of my two trips up here (one for my wife, one for my son.)

Hospital waiting rooms are interesting places. Everyone's sitting around with their small group of family/friends just waiting. There's a television on a channel that's not riveting enough to keep you entertained, but not distracting enough to keep your mind off the fact that you're in a hospital. There are a few magazines, but again, nothing that would hold your attention. (I only saw two "Redbooks" around when I was there last week.)

Hospital rooms aren't much better. Sure you have access to the television, but there's not a whole lot on and in my current situation, nothing I want to watch are things I can/should watch with a five year old.

Assuming things continue on their current trend, my wife is going to let me go home and she'll stay with my son tonight. People who end up staying days/weeks at the hospital with a loved ones are saints in my book. I'm not sure my sanity could take sitting day after day in the same room.

No comments: