Note: Part 8 of my 323 part series using songs on my iPod as a jumping off point.
Song: Tell the Truth
Artist: Eric Clapton
This is the true story... of one blogger... picked to live in a house...writing a substandard blog and publishing it ... to find out what happens... when he stop being polite... and start getting real...The Real World
To tell you the truth:
* I often don’t care how you’re doing when you ask, I’m just being polite.
* I may or may not be doing ‘good’ when you ask me, again, I’m just being polite.
* The only reason I follow the NFL is for the benefit of my fantasy team.
Based on my track record, maybe I should quit following it completely.
* I’ve never seen an episode of 24, The Sopranos, or Lost.
* I know it’s not the apex of literary achievement, but I find Dan Brown’s novels enjoyable.
* I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I still like Hootie and the Blowfish.
* While we’re on the subject of music, I always thought NSYNC were better than the Backstreet Boys
* That said, Backstreet Boys’ I Want It That Way is a really, really good pop song.
* I sometimes feel bad for subtly mocking people online without them realizing it, but then I realize they probably deserve it.
* I often feel as though I’m the smartest person in the room.
(but I’m often spending my time in the same room as a two-year old.)
* I sometimes copy witty comments from other places and post them as my facebook status without crediting some random screen name for its original source.
* I try to put up a positive front, but I don’t have much faith in the Cubs this year.
* Maybe it’s years of bitterness, but I enjoy when other people’s teams fail to win.
* Even though my wife and I both hold two degrees from Georgia Southern University, we still cheer for the teams of the university that currently employs her (as well as GSU).
* All things being equal, I think redheads are the hottest.
(And this is probably the one time my wife will actually read my blog . . . she’s not a redhead)
* I don’t see the appeal of Dave Matthews Band.
* I also never got the appeal of Conan O’Brien.
* I tell myself I’m a soccer fan, but I generally only watch the World Cup
I feel bad about that, but not enough to change.
* I often wonder how long laugh tracks stick around for and if we sometimes hear people who have since died when I’m watching a crappy sit-com that needs a laugh track.
* As much as I enjoy Ken Burns’ documentaries, I think the director’s cut would run uninterrupted for a month. (I’m also guessing his bedtime stories for his grandkids end at 4 a.m. When he gives a toast at weddings, the carbonation in the champagne is gone before he finishes. What I’m trying to say is that he’s very long-winded.)
* Bandwagon fans used to annoy me. Now I realize they have no impact on my enjoyment of a team or its success.
*Life was better for me before my kid figured out his music was on my iPod.
Corollary: I no longer care what the wheels on the bus do, so long as no one’s singing about it.
Next Song: Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want
Artist: Hootie and the Blowfish