Saturday, November 28, 2009

10 things I think I think

With apologies to SI’s Peter King.

Saying “if you have any information regarding this crime, please call the police” at the end of a story is an invitation to have people call the police and repeat the details of the story they just saw.

I think this college football season has been one of the most boring I can remember.

Because I enjoy it, FOX’s Lie to Me is sure to be cancelled soon. (See SportsNight for another example.)


Jon and Kate Plus 8’s publicist deserves some kind of lifetime achievement award for the amount of time they’ve been in the ‘news’ this year.

The fact that Howie Long is a spokesman for Chevrolet (or any company for that matter) is the biggest single indicator of the decline of American civilization.

Dan Brown’s The Lost Symbol wasn’t as good as either The DaVinci Code or Angels and Demons, and I’m apparently one of the few who enjoys when Brown’s characters spend three pages explaining the symbolism of some piece of artwork.

I need to update my blog more often.

The fact that Dr. Dre is a pitchman for Dr Pepper makes me feel better about drinking it. After all, he is a doctor. But the fact that Gene Simmons (a.k.a. Dr. Love) also endorses it makes me think twice about the whole thing.

I hope “and the Funky Bunch” were able to find work after Marky Mark left.

I think time travel would only be useful so that we can go back and grill dinosaur meat.

No comments: